Temples & Forts › Revdanda Fort

Revdanda Beach Fort was constructed by Captain Soj in 1558 and ruled by Portuguese Empire. It is surrounded by waters of Arabian Sea on three sides and a 7-storey watch tower served as a vantage point for guarding enemies entering from Arabian Sea. The fort lies in ruins today and is covered with palm trees. The Revdanda Salav Bridge connecting Murud and Alibag gives a view of the fort, sea waters and Vikram Ispat Factory. The fort is located at a distance of 17 km from Alibag.